Some examples of Deep North’s Products include:
- Cloud-based Software as a Service (“SaaS”) products used to analyze data and to provide information management, among other uses.
- Software installed on customer computers used to analyze data and to provide information management, among other uses.
- Information system hardware (e.g., servers, storage, processors) used in conjunction with our products.
- Analytics and visualization capabilities associated with our products.
- Analysis of video content provided by our customer’s camera or video acquisition infrastructure.
3. Applicability of Other Deep North, Inc. Privacy Policies
4. Personal Information We Collect
We collect various types of information from you, including information you voluntarily provide us and information we automatically collect from your use of our Services. For instance, in order to access certain portions of the Services, order Products, or even use some Products you may be required to first register with us. You may be asked to provide your contact information (e.g., name, institution/company, address, phone number, email, username, etc.).
We may also attend conferences and trade shows where we collect personal information from individuals who interact with or express an interest in Deep North and/or the Services. In addition, we may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you.
Information we automatically collect about your use of our Services may, for example, include:
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- The content you access.
- The functions, products, or services you use on the Services and purchasing history.
- Your device’s operating system.
- Up-time and other usage statistics about the Services.
- Location information.
- Information collected from cookies and other similar technologies.
- Your device’s unique identifier (e.g., CPU serial number).
- Web browser used.
- The date and time of your visit to the Services or use of the Product.
5. How Personal Information is Collected
Some of the information is collected through your voluntary submissions or Deep North’s own efforts to collect information. In addition, some of the information is collected automatically through your use of our Services.
6. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information collected:
- To provide and operate the Services.
- To improve the Services, including any applications, products, services, and software available through them.
- For marketing purposes.
- To store your interests and preferences in order to customize your use of the Services.
- To communicate with you (such as for product support and billing issues).
- To authenticate users.
- To compile and analyze trends.
- To carry out transactions.
- To pursue our legitimate interests (e.g., direct marketing, research (including marketing research), information and network security, and fraud prevention).
- For other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
- We also may aggregate the information collected with information from other customers and users of the Services, or other products and services for analysis such as to determine user and performance trends. Generally, any such aggregation will involve data that has been de-identified such that it can no longer be used to identify you.
7. Sharing of Personal Information
Service Providers. We may share the personal information we collect with our third-party service providers. The types of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) the provision of the Services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) invoice processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) the provision IT and related services.
Business Partners. We may provide personal information to business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also provide personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iii) to collect amounts owed to us; (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (v) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
8. Your Choices
General. You may be able to opt out of certain uses of your personal information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies. You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies and similar technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Services may not work properly. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android, iOS and others.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
“Do Not Track”. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
9. Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your personal information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) object to or restrict our uses of your personal information; (v) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed personal information; (vi) withdraw your consent; and (vii) request erasure of personal information held about you by Deep North, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, Deep North will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
10. Retention of Collected Information
11. Security of Collected Information
We are committed to protecting the security of the information collected, and we take reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to help protect the information from unauthorized access, use, and/or disclosure. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unauthorized access, use and/or disclosure.
12. Supplemental California Privacy Notice
This Supplemental California Privacy Notice only applies to our processing of personal information that is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA provides California residents with the right to know what categories of personal information Deep North has collected about them and whether Deep North disclosed that personal information for a business purpose (e.g., to a service provider) in the preceding 12 months. California residents can find this information below:
|Category of Personal Information Collected by Deep North||Categories of Third Parties Personal Information is Disclosed to for a Business Purpose|
|Identifiers||• Service providers|
|Personal information categories listed in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)||• Service providers|
|Commercial information||• Service providers|
|Internet or other electronic network activity||• Service providers|
|Professional or employment-related information||• Service providers|
The categories of sources from which we collect personal information and our business and commercial purposes for using personal information are set forth above.
Additional Privacy Rights for California Residents
“Sales” of Personal Information under the CCPA. For purposes of the CCPA, Deep North does not “sell” personal information, nor do we have actual knowledge of any “sale” of personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Non-Discrimination. California residents have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of their rights conferred by the CCPA.
Authorized Agent. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. To designate an authorized agent, please contact us as set forth below.
Verification. When you make a request, we will ask you to provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include confirming the email address associated with any personal information we have about you.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
13. Deep North, Inc. is a Global Company Headquartered in the U.S.
Deep North is headquartered in the United States. Any information you provide or we may collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States and other countries or territories. The laws and regulations of these countries and/or territories may not offer the same level of data protection as the country where you reside. A list of Deep North, Inc’s global offices is available at www.deepnorth.com.
14. Links, Third-Party Applications and Software
15. Supervisory Authority
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
The Services are not directed towards minors and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors that use the Services.
18. Contact Us